It’s a fair question – you’ve been working hard and risen to meet more challenges than your predecessors in the shape of the pandemic. Hopefully you have enjoyed your time here at Aston and will have engaged with the Careers and Placements team whilst here. Now, the rest of your life awaits…
The Careers and Placements team is here for you, ready to provide you with just as much support for the next three years, as you have received during your studies here.
Key support available includes:
- Access to Aston Futures, our one-stop-shop careers database, through which you can book appointments with a Careers Consultant (face-to-face if you’re in the local area, or virtually/online if it isn’t convenient to visit in-person), see the latest opportunities from employers and register to attend careers events from our massive annual calendar, including virtual jobs fairs, employer presentations, workshops, webinars and more.
- Weekly opportunities emails direct to your inbox.
- A bespoke Postgraduate Careers Support LinkedIn group exclusive to current and recent Aston master’s students, in which we promote current opportunities and activities from Aston and beyond, and also encourage you to connect and network with your peers, to learn from their experience and build networks with their connections as well.
- A tailored monthly master’s graduates newsletter which you’ll receive for 12 months, starting from October.
- Bespoke webinars and workshops for recent master’s students, at different times of the year. We’ll send details of these in our regular communications. A recent example is the intensive PGT Boot Camp series of activities which took place in mid-June.
- A YouTube channel featuring recordings of many webinars and workshops delivered exclusively to master’s students and graduates.
- A wealth of resources on our recently updated Careers and Placements website, including tools to help you with all aspects of the application process (from tailoring and checking your CV using CV360, through trying psychometric tests with our Graduates First resources, to practising interview skills using our new Interview360 tool), as well as looking for international opportunities using resources such as GoinGlobal and so much more! You can also see our exclusive graduate page for more information about the support available.
- To help you make the most of the support available, we’ve written a Postgraduate Careers Guide which will help to guide you through all the support available beyond Aston. Please do read it and use it effectively and remember to keep in touch!
What do I need to do now?
Only a few things:
- If you haven’t done so already, please complete our short online survey, telling us what your career plans are, so that we can identify what help you may require.
- Set a reminder that you’ll need to register for a graduate profile on Aston Futures in the coming months – once you graduate, your student log-in details will no longer work. However, you can register for a graduate account using your personal email address which means you’ll still have access to all the features on the platform.
- Ensure that you have provided up-to-date contact details to the university, so that we can keep in touch with you.
If you need any careers assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
Written by Jim Reali, Careers Consultant