Looking for ways to narrow down your job search? Or perhaps wondering what it’s like to work at the company you have your eye on? Luckily, there are lots of publications out there that tell you everything you need to know about the top graduate employers and what to expect as a new recruit into various industries. In this blog post, we have compiled a variety of online publications which are packed full of useful job-hunting advice and career tips.
1) The JobCrowd Top Companies for Graduates to work for 2020/21
The ultimate student guide that analyses thousands of anonymous surveys to list the top companies to work for. It provides insight on the industry leaders as of 2020/21, supported with modern-day case studies. It categorises the different career options that graduates and undergraduate students can pursue, breaking down the stats for each industry to come up with the top five employees-rated characteristics. So, if you’re a current graduate or student, take a look at their latest digital guide and find your dream job.
2) The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2020/21
This definitive annual digital guide, compiled from research, lists the top 100 prestigious employers for graduates within the UK. If you’re a current final year or recent graduate, we highly recommend that you download a copy of their latest digital guide.
3) Prospects Student Career Guide 2020/21
Prospects are the experts in graduate careers. They can help you find your perfect career by providing you with advice on a range of areas including perfecting your CV, writing a cover letter, impressing employers in interviews and much more. This essential careers guide contains interviews from some of the UK’s largest recruiters, along with insights into how to apply for graduate roles and postgraduate study. Take a look at their guide now.
4) Inside Careers
Inside Careers can help you explore the latest graduate jobs, internships, and placements with their online jobs boards. They also provide high-quality, industry-specific career information and advice for students and graduates. The team at Inside Careers has produced guides listing a comprehensive directory of employers recruiting in specific areas: Chartered Accountancy, The Actuarial Profession, The Insurance Profession and The Chartered Patent Attorneys.
If you’re an international student or considering a move abroad, consider using GoinGlobal. This tool offers global career guides to help you understand whether a move overseas is right for you and your career aspirations. Take advantage of:
- Country career guides – constantly updated career advice for the leading employment markets around the world.
- Global city career guides – location-specific employment resources for top metropolitan markets around the world.
- U.S. city career guides – filled with helpful information about major cities throughout the United States of America.
6) The UK 300
The UK 300 is a comprehensive guide that compiles information gathered from Trendence research and ranks the top 300 graduate employers in the UK, as voted for by students and graduates. The guide is voted one of the best comprehensive surveys of UK employers. It contains advice to secure a good graduate job and also reveals the top employers of 19 different career sectors. Check out their most recent guide now!
Other useful resources and tools that may assist you in your job search:
- Check out our Careers+Placements website – our webpages are jam-packed with everything you need to know such as how to polish your LinkedIn profile, generating careers ideas, finding work experience and much more.
- Firsthand is a useful tool if you’re looking for advice from industry professionals. They can put you in touch with people who work in the profession you’d like to work in, and who have been in the position you’re in now. You can chat through your career ideas and plans, get tips, advice, and feedback on your CV, and even take part in a mock interview. The expert team at Firsthand also delivers webinars on a range of industry topics! Take a look at mentoring section of this page to find out more.
- National Careers Service provide information, advice, and guidance to help you make decisions about learning, training and work. They have a career tool on their website that allows you to identify your skills and strengths and helps you find the right career for you. Find out more.
- TARGETjobs specialise in all things careers. Their website has information about the latest graduate opportunities and internships, application advice, upcoming employability events and more. They also publish in-depth, digital sector guides that cover areas such as Consulting, Engineering, Healthcare, Finance, IT and technology, Media, journalism and publishing, Teaching and more! Check out their full range of digital guides now.
Check out some other useful blog posts:
- Where to find virtual internships
- 5 online tools to support your career
- Why you should do a virtual internship?