Do you have a dream company in mind? Both small and large organisations will require you to complete Online Job Assessments as part of their application process. These vary from ‘traditional’, though extremely common, aptitude tests to ‘modern’ styles of assessment, such as Game-Based Assessments now used by 10% of employers, and Video Interviews.
As the area of online job assessments has become a staple for employers when recruiting, so too has the amount of preparation required by candidates to meet the company’s requirements. It is now essential more than ever to get familiar with the types of Assessments you may be faced with. Consider the recent study (Bradley et al, 2019) that found that candidates applying to the Times Top 100 Employers who do not practice assessments, tend to fail at the first hurdle of psychometric assessments (54%-84%). As when practising any sport or skill, you could say ‘practice makes perfect’ applies here too!
That’s why we’ve partnered with GF, who provide all Aston students and alumni with FREE Practice Online Assessments when you register with your University email address. If you no longer have an Aston email address, please email Careers+Placements at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
With access to GF, Aston students will be able to:
- Practice over 37 full aptitude tests, understand how they stack against other test-takers, go through worked solutions, and learn and improve their Numerical, Verbal, and Logical Reasoning.
- Understand the Behavioural Competencies they possess, and those they need to develop with 2 Situational Judgement Tests (SJT)
- Gain insights into the personality traits that top employers want in applicants with a Personality Questionnaire
- Experience and Get Familiar with the increasingly common Game-Based Assessments
- Share and review their recorded Interview responses to 12 AI-powered Competency, Strength, and Industry-Specific Video Interviews to improve their Interview technique
Top 3 Pro Tips for Using GF Practice Job Assessments
Quality Over Quantity
- Practice fewer tests, but do these in-depth. Go through each question and solution, rather than trying to do as many tests in a short space of time.
- For example, if you are practicing Numerical Reasoning, try focussing only on 3 tests until you are comfortable with the style of question.
- This allows you to identify and improve specific areas and, in turn, will give you more confidence with this assessment type in the future.
Use Reports Effectively
- After you have completed a test, visit your reports page to identify where you excelled, and where you struggled.
- For example, once you have completed a Numerical, Verbal, or Logical Reasoning Tests, look at the solutions as well as the topics that the report suggests you need to focus on.
- All GF tests provide clear solutions to questions where necessary to help you understand how employers score real Job Assessments.
Learn About Yourself
- Use GF Assessments to identify the skills and competencies you need for the role you are applying for and those that you already possess.
- For example, you can use the Personality Questionnaire to identify the traits employers are looking for, and whether you possess these.
- Or use Video Interviews or Situational Judgment tests to discover the behavioural competencies employers commonly seek in applicants.
Get a Job First Time with GF
Practice Online Assessments for FREE Today with your Aston University Email Address